To save money on costly repairs, I pay close attention to any potential problems that could occur with my HVAC system. Through regular furnace maintenance, I am able to spot any problems before they get serious and contact Air One professionals to stop by for a visit. I believe furnace maintenance is a team effort! My role as a homeowner is to follow the proper precautions to keep my home’s systems working efficiently, and if any problems do occur I know I can then trust the team at Air One to assist with any repairs.
The following is my to do list with continuous furnace maintenance:
- A dirty filter can cause furnace malfunctions. With multiple smokers, 1-2 inch filters should be changed monthly, 4 inch filters should be changed every 2 months, and 5 inch filters can be changed every 3 months. With a one smoker, 1-2 inch filters should be changed every 2 months, 4 inches should be changed every 4 months, and 5 inch filters can be changed every 6 months.
- Ensure the airflow is not blocked by any boxes or furniture.
- If the furnace starts to smell or make loud noises, contact Air One to have a professional stop in for an inspection.
- Set the thermostat to lower during peak times of the day when the family is not home. This will save money and stress on the furnace.
- Inspect the fans to ensure they are not clouded with dust and build up.