It’s not a task you would necessarily jump with excitement to do, but it’s one well-worth it when you can finally look out through sparkly clean windows and take in a clear view of the outdoors. Typically, the exterior windows of your home should be washed twice a year.
You won’t need to hire a professional to clean your windows like a pro with these tips:
- Using a large bucket, combine hot water and dishwashing liquid, but not too much soap. The less suds the better.
- Another at home cleaning solution that works well is one part and one part distilled vinegar.
- For picture windows, using long cloth head of a strip applicator work best. It soaks up enough soapy water so that you don’t have to keep going back and forth for more while effectively loosening the dirt off the glass.
- Wipe clean with a squeegee. Starting at the top, swipe the edge of the squeegee in an ‘S’ motion. At the end of each ‘S’ motion dry off the edge of a squeegee with a rag and continue.
- Use another dry rag, wipe the edges to completely dry the window.
For multi pane windows, you’ll want to use a handheld sponge or scrubber to clean each separate glass pane of the window as well as finding a squeegee that will fit between each pane.
If you’re considering upgrading your home with new replacement windows, contact the window experts in Mississauga at Custom Window Designs. Our window experts can help you through the entire process from design to installation. Contact us today for a free quote!