The beginning and end of every season is the perfect opportunity to do general yarn maintenance around your home. As the seasons change, don’t you find there’s always something new to do and something old to clear out in the yard? Guess it’s just a part of owning and taking care of a well kept garden and lawn!
As we near the end of Summer, here’s what you can do to keep your lawn and garden in tip top shape for the upcoming cold season:
- Weed treatment is important to eliminate mature weed plants and give your lawn enough time to fill in the holes before it goes dormant over the winter.
- Adding mulch is not a garden maintenance task we only do in the Spring. By the end of Summer, you might notice areas that have been rustled with and need to be filled. Often by the end of the Summer, you should be able to find some good deals and prices on mulch from your local garden centre.
- If you have brick garden bed retainers, check to see if any bricks have gone out of alignment or need to be replaced.
- Dead trees and bushes should be removed from the yard.
- This is a good time to plan your flower beds for next season. If you can find bulb flowers now is the time to plant them for early flowers next spring.
Setting aside a couple hours to complete these tasks while the weather’s still warm can save you a lot of hassle after the winter season. For all your garden and lawn care needs, contact the professionals at Cedar Ground Maintenance in Mississauga.